Posted by: Didsbury & District Chamber of Commerce
Job Type: Contract, part-time (15 hours/week). Weekday hours with some evening and weekend time required
The Didsbury Chamber of Commerce is a member-driven, volunteer-led organization, proudly representing the interests of businesses in our city. For more than 40 years, the Chamber has stood for promoting, representing and enhancing the interests of Didsbury’s business community. The Chamber represents over 75 businesses in our region and is aligned with both the Alberta Chambers of Commerce (ACC), which represents over 25,000 businesses and the Canadian Chambers of Commerce (CCC), which represents over 200,000 businesses. With the largest and most influential business organizations locally, provincially and federally, the Chamber network is the most unified, valued and influential business network in Canada and works together to shape policy and programs that will make a difference to businesses in our region.
The Events Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the planning, implementation, evaluation, marketing and budgeting for all Didsbury Chamber of Commerce events.
Coordinate Chamber events, including but not limited to:
- The Didsbury Art, Travel & Trade Expo, member workshops, luncheons and breakfasts, Chamber on Tap, Country Christmas and the Didsbury Business Awards.
- Coordinate, schedule and organize services for events including catering, facility rental, signage, displays, audio-visual equipment, printing and other necessary needs.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality.
- Obtain necessary permits, insurance and licenses.
- Develop and maintain relationships with members, exhibitors, sponsors, contractors and volunteers.
- Determine financial and administrative feasibility of events.
- Approve invoices in accordance with pre-approved event budgets.
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers and temporary staff required for events.
- Identify and implement marketing and communications required for event promotion, including creating graphic artwork, social media and on Chamber Website.
- Solicit sponsorships, develop and implement sponsorship program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Event Management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing fundraising events and campaigns
- Trade show management is an asset
- Proven track record in securing event sponsorship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to write sponsorship applications
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- A resourceful self-starter who exhibits strong leadership skills
- Skilled in creating graphic artwork and social media marketing
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of general office practices and administration
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other staff, board, members, committees, volunteers and community partners
- Skilled in customer service practices
- Ability to operate office equipment i.e. printers, copiers, scanners, and fax.
- Good organizational, written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours in order to accommodate events and activities
- Knowledge of community events, facilities, and business resource information
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing (Word)
- Database Management (Website Member Manager)
- Reporting (Excel)
- E-mail (Outlook)
- Microsoft Publisher/Powerpoint
- To apply, please email an up-to-date resume and cover letter with references by Sunday, January 6, 2019
The Didsbury Chamber of Commerce is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
- Event Coordination: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Didsbury, AB (Preferred)